Carpenter Ants can cause a great deal of damage to your home. These large brown or black ants live mainly in wooded areas but from time to time might try to enter your home. This article will help you identify carpenter ants and help you prevent an infestation.
There are many potential signs of an infestation that you can look out for.
1. Look for large winged ants. These are breeders and if you spot them, you probably have a colony nearby.
2. Examine your woodwork. Look for sawdust and small slits around and on your woodwork. This will show you where carpenter ant have been working.
So how can you keep from getting an infestation? There are several things that you can do.
1. Do not let wood become wet. Make sure that damp areas of your home have good ventilation so that they dry quickly. If you get a water leak, be sure to fix it promptly and dry the area.
2. Trim tree branches away from your home. A branch touching your house is a good way to give ants access.
3. Clear your gutters to keep them free of debris.
4. Lastly, set up a regular pest control program.
If you think you have an infestation be sure to call a local pest control service as soon as possible. You need to take care of the problem before they do major damage to your home. If you do not have a problem take action to make sure that these insects never get the chance to move in.
For more information on pest control services visit the autho'rs website.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=James_C
Free insect control tips / information / identification for eliminating & controlling bugs / insects from your home or business
Get the Jump on Bugs Before Bugs Jump on You
– Directory –
– Home Repair Tips –
• Bed Bugs
– Tick Control –
• Dog Tick
– 2006 - 2008 –
– Automotive & Repair –
• E85 Car
Do You Have A Carpenter Ant Problem?
By James C
3. Another sign of an infestation is clicking noises coming from your walls. The ants are so voracious that you can actually hear them working behind walls. it will sound like a quiet rustling noise.